With a focus on expansion and enhancement of the current Veterinary Technologies program space, the project team partnered with Cuyahoga Community College to improve their learning environments and support the continuous education of veterinary students.
Pulling principles onsite from professional veterinary clinics intentionally prepares students for real-world experiences, in an environment designed to be as realistic as possible. Examples include onsite animal kennels, allowing students to work with adoptive cats and dogs to learn in person and with hands-on approaches, elevating the learning environment for students and encouraging their professional growth.
The scope of work included:
- an addition for animal housing
- renovations to create new surgical, treatment, and care classroom lab facilities
- upgrades to existing classroom to evolve the space into a lab
- demolition of an existing greenhouse to create additional mechanical & storage
- a new lab and prep area including a new fume hood
- interior demolition and new construction with a small addition and new building entrance/exit
With strong cross-sector collaboration between in-house experts in Veterinary Healthcare, Laboratory and Higher Education, the firm’s expertise created intentional design to elevate the education of veterinary students within the space, and promote the program’s long term success.